As a roofing contractor, you face risks every day on the job. It is critical to protect your company and employees against liability due to injury and property damage. The right roofing insurance can cover litigation and other costs involved in the process.
Types of Roofing Insurance
Insurance for roofing companies varies, depending on your specific needs. Coverage can be purchased as a package or as an individual policy.
- Commercial Property Insurance – This coverage protects your physical assets, including your building and its contents, in the event of an accident, theft, fire, or weather catastrophe.
- Workers Compensation – If your employees get sick or injured due to a work-related matter, they will be protected.
- General Liability Insurance – This insurance covers property damage at a worksite and includes injury to non-employees.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance – EPLI protects your company against employee-related claims and includes such conflicts as discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination.
- Product Liability Insurance – If you sell any products to your customers, it’s a good idea to protect yourself in the event that a product causes injury or loss to a customer.
- Commercial Automobile Insurance – Your company vehicles and specialized trucks are protected against damage.
Talk with your insurance agent about finding the right coverage for your business so that you are protected in unforeseen circumstances.